Wednesday, October 04, 2006

MVP for Me!


What a great start to the week. I've just returned from 8 weeks in Europe to find out that I have been awarded an MVP (Most Valued Professional) in SharePoint by Microsoft. What an honour! Knowing some of the other SharePoint MVPs out there, I am thrilled to be counted in their numbers.

Yeah, I realize that from your perspective this may not be the most interesting news, but permit me to wallow in the moment, won't you?

Wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow, wallow.

What was I doing in Europe? Well, I went back to Ireland to catch up with the family, then onto Italy for a holiday before dropping into the International Criminal Court in The Hague (Holland - not Belgium) to help them integrate their SharePoint Portal with their Records Management system. What a nice bunch of people, even if you do have to go through barbed wire, electric fences and metal detectors to get to them.